Herbicide Rebate Program
The TNRD will rebate 50% to a maximum of $250 of the cost of herbicide purchased by landowners who treat noxious weeds with their own spray equipment or utilize the Sprayer Loan-out Program. This rebate may be applied for on a yearly basis for work done the same calendar year. See the conditions below to find out how to qualify for the rebate:
• The herbicide treatment must be done by an individual with a valid pesticide applicator certificate.
• The treatment area must be within a TNRD electoral area (outside of municipal boundaries).
• The herbicide treatment must be completed the same calendar year the herbicide is purchased.
• Herbicides used must be classified as an agricultural herbicide, designed to control noxious weeds on range and pasture.
• Herbicides that qualify will have one or more of the following active ingredients; Picloram, 2, 4-D, Aminopyralid, Dicamba, Clopyralid.
• Herbicide spray contractors do not qualify for this rebate.
• The application form must be completed along with all required attachments.
• Rebates are issued based on funding availability and the order in which the applications are received
• Invasive plants on the Provincial Noxious Weed List qualify for funding. Other invasive plants may qualify, contact the TNIPMC for confirmation.